ANTI-BULLYING ACT OF 2012
(Image Source : http://www.sikhhelpline.com/uk/are-you-being-bullied )
I know this post has no relation with fashion, beauty, food or travel nevertheless I will write this matter as it may help raise awareness to parents who’s kids are being bullied.
Few months ago, my eldest daughter was furious about her seatmate in class. She said this ” Friend ” ( I will call her by the name ” Bratinella” ) “screen” friends for her, eat her lunch ( All of it plus what’s worst she has a habit of touching with her bare hands my DD’s food and leave it at that , making my kid terrified to have her lunch around Bratinella ! Que Horror ! )
Here are some of ” Bratinella’s ” bullying tactics ;
- Bratinella has this threat that she will cry unstoppable in a middle of a lecture and blame it on my kid if she doesn’t get what she wants. Afraid that my DD will have this argument with a Teacher remains powerless to object.
- Eight year old ” Bratinella ” told my kid that if she did not obey her every bidding , My Daughter will go to hell ( Yeah, for an 8 year old kid that is SCARY ! )
- What I cannot comprehend why this 8 year old girl “Bratinella” is manipulative enough of her classmate/s but this is what send shivers down my spine …. ” Bratinella” explicitly said that should her friendship be refused , SHE WILL KILL HERSELF ! ( What the F*ck ! ) Clearly something is terribly wrong with this kid. I dunno about Child Psychology but I don’t want my Daughter to have an idea about suicide and certainly not from anyone at all !
- Though there were no physical injuries but emotional torment , I ask around other Moms if ” Bratinella ” have some sort of ” record ” / incident that points her to bullying. I wasn’t surprised indeed there are complaints from other parents !
- Find out who’s the Mom of ” Bratinella” send her an email or Private Message ” nicely ” like this ;
- If the Mom ” was to busy ” to read/ answer her Emails/Facebook /Telephone/Cellphone . Refused addressing the issue as she will be raising a future Psychotic Killer with proud enthusiasm , send the kind Teacher a letter of complaint requesting your child for a transfer of seating arrangement. * On this one , I got the Mom’s reply and kid apologizing. I feel a lot better. *
- Finally, ask your kid if there was action on part of the Teacher / School. Talk to your kids about their friends , mood in school like a normal routinary discussion asking “How are you , Baby ? ” Are fine you in school ?
Anti-Bullying Act of 2012 ( News Article from Manila Bulletin )
MANILA, Philippines — After an Anti-bullying movement in the 2000s and 2010s gained popularity in the United States and United Kingdom, the Charity Act Against Bullying was formed in the United Kingdom in 2003, and National Bullying Prevention Month was declared in the United States in 2006.
In the Philippines, the House of Representatives has approved a bill requiring all elementary and secondary schools to adopt anti-bullying policies. House Bill 5496, the Anti-Bullying Act of 2012, seeks to promote greater awareness of the impact of bullying and how it can be prevented.
The bill requires that anti-bullying policies be included in the school’s student and employee handbook; details of the policies should be posted in school websites and school walls; schools shall submit their anti-bullying policies to the Department of Education (DepEd) within six months upon effectivity of the law; bullying incidents in schools must be reported to the division superintendents, who in turn shall report to the Education Secretary; and the DepEd must submit a report on bullying incidents to the appropriate congressional committee and impose sanctions on school administrators who do not implement anti-bullying policies.
Bullying is now the number one non-academic issue that most educators face, and is one of the top concerns of many parents. Defined as an act of repeated aggressive behavior in order to intentionally hurt another person either emotionally, verbally, or physically, bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person. Bullies may behave this way out of jealousy or because they themselves are bullied. When they leave school, they will most likely carry on their bullying in the workplace.
With the approval of the Anti-Bullying Act of 2012, this year has started just right, providing relief for the millions of students who experience bullying in school. It is hoped that the Anti-Bullying Act of 2012 will help schools create an environment where children can develop their full potentials with suffering bullying from others.
Lastly , the responsiblity befalls on every Parent/s to protect and teach kids how to mingle and make friends with their schoolmates . Not only they will make a better person but somehow violence will have it’s prevented measures by instilling values , conduct & fear of God a strong foundation to lure of kids away from so-called crime, violence , drugs . Let’s do our best not to raise future killers or offenders .
CALIFORNIA THEME PARKS February 28, 2012 | Daily_Fashionista
BAG REVEAL : ZÜCA Pro May 20, 2012 | Daily_Fashionista
TRAVEL LOG : FOOD TRIP HONG KONG ( Day 1 )... March 18, 2012 | Daily_Fashionista
CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY AT DIAMOND HOTEL MANILA.... June 7, 2012 | Daily_Fashionista